Cell Phone Review
Read the latest cell phone reviews and news and research cell phone specs.

 

Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Samsung BlackJack SGH-i607

Picked up the Blackjack this morning and I must say it's a solid little SOB. As you'll read the matte finish makes it feel really nice in your hands. I like the jog wheel a lot too even though it's not adjustable (yet). The phone looks and acts a lot like the Q but the slimmer profile is noticeably better to work with. The menu's and layouts are well planned and like all my previous Smartphones it has the same basic sub-menus and categories. WMP10 is a lot nicer then 9 was and when you pop in a T-flash card (which does pop right out BTW) it asks if you'd like to find media. BT stereo works flawlessly with my HT820 for music but watching a hi frame rate movie was a little chunky. I need to try a lower frame rate with BT to see if it makes a difference. So far I've been using almost non-stop and the battery was only half full. I'm sure it'll take a lot of charging but hey with two batteries and an external charger I can make it work. Might even turn the external charger into a little "backpack" with straps or Velcro to give me a longer out of office time. So far the 3G work awesome in the East bay and screams through mobile web pages. It bounces off and on in my apartment but When the signals is solid it kicks EDGE of the well you get it....

PROs:

HSDPA is fast and solid
QVGA landscape great for web and media
XM radio totally rocks!
Keyboard layout is highly functional
BT stereo works really well
Built in Task Manager and Piscel Viewer
JAVA download app
Nice external speaker
Hot swappable Tflash
Jog button
Overall size and feel :)

CONs:

Stupid proprietary plugs
Battery life (manageable)
Center nav button to close to end and call
lacking LED flash (handy as a light)
T-flash vs. miniSD
No Wi-Fi

I'm very satisfied with this phone and would recommend it to any business people and students who want an all around practical phone with a lot of usability.

 

posted by Labanon @ 12:51 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 

 
About Me

Name: Labanon
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Related Links

 

Links
Powered by

 



BLOGGER

Read the latest cell phone reviews and news and research cell phone specs.

html>